About the Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC)
Your commissioner on the Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) represents you on policies and programs including transportation, parking, recreation, street improvements, liquor licenses, zoning, economic development, police protection, sanitation, and trash collection. District agencies are required to give ANC recommendations “great weight.” Commissioners receive no pay for serving, but they impact what happens on your block and in your neighborhood!
Why I’m Running
I love Dupont Circle, and I am running to be a fair, accessible, and transparent advocate who can bring residents, other commissioners, and agencies together to get things done. Tackling local issues and navigating bureaucracy are things I enjoy, and I want to leverage my experience to give back to my community and help Dupont Circle continue to thrive.
What Sets Me Apart
I will work hard to create safer streets that prioritize neighbors walking, biking, and using public transit. As commissioner, I will foster an environment that allows shops, restaurants, and services that make our neighborhood great to flourish. When it comes to zoning and licensing issues, I believe strong negotiating is more effective than protesting. I will work with all neighbors, regardless of their level of political involvement, because we all live here and we all deserve to be heard.
ANC 2B04 Boundaries
ANC 2B04 is a Single Member District (SMD) bound by Q, S, 15th, and 17th Streets NW. The commissioner from ANC 2B04 serves with the other eight commissioners in the Dupont Circle ANC.
How To Help
- Check your voter registration. If you’re not registered where you live, register!
- Make a plan to vote. Early voting starts October 22, 2018 at One Judiciary Square. For election day, find your polling place for November 6, 2018.
- Contribute $25 to the campaign. This is a grassroots effort and the maximum an individual can contribute is $25. Every bit helps!
- Tell your neighbors. Many people do not know about the ANC and how important it is to vote. This election will be decided by those who turn out!
- Email, text, or call me. Let me know how I can help, or just say hi! I’d love to hear from you.